(I've got a question, ent : not sure I understood well if we have the right to vote for one single song even right now ...?)
Yes, you have it. But why waste a whole post and the possibility to push more songs now? Later on you will be forced to choose only one song. Enjoy the freedom while you still have it! The idea behind this possibility is to encourage also the users that are not so familiar with all the songs (and don't have much time to deepen their knowledge, too bad for them ) to give their contribution. By the way, thanks for your vote. You're a heartbreaker
We still drink out of the fountain Of them days of rock 'n' roll
Seven Doors Hotel Wasted Time Let the Good Times Rock Spirit of the Underdog Prelude + Last Look At Eden Firebox Days of Rock'n'Roll Nothin' to Ya
Vallset 2004 / Oslo 2004 / Vikafestivalen, Mo i Rana 2007 / Midnattsrocken, Lakselv 2008 / Døgnvillfestivalen, Tromsø 2011 / Midnattsrocken, Lakselv 2012 / Sweden Rock Festival, Norje 2013 / Tysnesfest, Tysnes 2013 / Stockholm 2014 / Oslo 2015 / Stockholm 2016 / Hamar 2022 / Tons of Rock, Oslo 2022 / Sweden Rock Festival, Norje 2023 / Oslo 2023 / Stockholm 2023 (2x)
Yesterday I recieved a PM from Tone Irene. She'll be very busy in the next days so she asked me to post her vote for the group A. Here it is:
Seven doors hotel Wasted time Little bit of lovin’ Halfway to heaven Spirit of the underdog Wish I could believe Firebox Days of rock’n’roll
This is a possibility that anyone has. If you think that you won't be online in the timeframe of the voting session but you don't want to miss the opportunity to vote, you can PM in advance your vote to me (or to a friend that you trust more than me ) and I'll be glad to post it for you at the right time.
Post by Michaela Italy on Oct 2, 2015 23:17:22 GMT 2
I have had to take some paper at hand and I made two lists, one for the green light songs (to pass) and the other for the red light songs (to stop)... Then I furiously started to swap songs from one group to the other and viceversa!
Finally I am ready, with some bits of explanation for ya...:
1) Nothing To Ya Yep, of course. I am in love with this song, there's something in the lyrics that releases the "basic instincts" (no doubt of it, Joey...ehm...), the music is just perfect for it and the music gets the rest starting with those drums at the beginning and then that slower part in the vocals makes me crazy every time, with the absolutely "guilty" guitar in the middle! Plus, the first time that it was ever played live (in Glasgow, on March 6th 2015) I had met Joey at the airport the day before and because I told him it was my preferred song from WOK, they played it live even if not completely ready and rehearsed... For all the above, it comes n.1 in this list of mine. Tusen tack, thank you! I won't EVER forget, you know it!!! Yes. You know it.
2) Wasted Time Gallooping song! Here the music and the rythm definitively catches me.
3) Days Of Rock 'n Roll. It's a pleasure to listen to it and you can't but dance with it! I feel so engaged everytime with the lyrics too that during their shows I tend to identify myself with the band !!! Full of scratches and bullet holes!!! yeah! I wonder what do they think of me for that performance...
4) Let The Good Times Rock Another great sexy song. I am dragged with it. Often I associate this song to "you can leave your hat on" for its primal call, no way I can leave this out! It's such a strong classic rock song!!! I saw it played live so many times and I am never tired of it!
5) Seven Doors Hotel Simply majestic and addictive! Uooooooh, ooooohhh, oooooohhhhh! The Europe in America documentary comes to my mind and the full glory of their success!
6) Wish I Could Believe Introvert song. I have always loved this twofold aspect in Europe: the power and the feeling. The music is so beautiful for such an enchanting lyrics!
7) Prelude + Last Look At Eden Not particularly with this song at my first listening. But so many times I have seen it live now and I guess I can't but answer yes to the Come With Me! It grows stronger and stronger, the attitude and that pleasant anger that you WON'T be quiet!!! Powerful.
8) Firebox There's no answer just surrender, permission to land. And I swoon over there, "cursed Vikings"!!!
You may know this one: "...and I've been waitin' for the angels to knock on my door"
Hello dears , here my choice, help me a lot me the link create by ent, thanks!
It's great to have all songs there, and to revise, ...
1. SEVEN DOORS HOTEL, Our silver medal in the old battle, this song is my weakness, it would be for me a worthy winner, I have always liked but in live is even best, incredible, mystical. I'm in love with this song, it has my vote.
2. LITTLE BIT OF LOVIN', I'm sure (although I would like to be wrong) that did not pass this phase, it is one of those "hidden" song in the album Prisoners in Paradise, that will always be in the shadow of "Prisoners in Paradise" or "Girl from Lebanon", ... but I really like this song, give me alot good vibe.
3. PRELUDE + LAST LOOK AT EDEN, well, I love the song, the guitar solo of Norum and the video, .. amazing beginning of the concerts, I think this song deserves to get so far ...
4. DAYS OF ROCK AND ROLL, For me the anthem of Europe in this second stage is a total party live,
5. NOTHIN' TO YA, It's hot and sticky, I like, although it is not my favorite in WAR OF KINGS, we'll get to my PRAISE YOU, but for now NTY has my vote.
6. FIREBOX, Elegant and something futuristic, is a shot of song
7. FAREWELL, Wonderful Wings of Tomorrow, I was thinking about this song and Wasted Time but I like more FAREWELL, so ... has my vote.
8. LET THE GOOD TIME ROCK, I like the words of my friend Michaela: " for its primal call ... " yeah, maybe yes ! for this ...
Special mention to Time has come not go down in history as the best EUROPE0s song but I remember when I was in high school had in one of my books a clipping from a magazine with the lyrics of this song, what wonderful memories.
I needed a friend's hand on my shoulder to support me in this difficult battle, ... so
Post by vonnyloveseurope on Oct 3, 2015 1:02:52 GMT 2
Hi, every one!!!!! I'm in, of course!!!! I deserve one of the kind prizes from Eva. This is my list: Seven doors hotel Wasted time Broken dreams (my fav) Let the Good Times Rock Halfway to Heaven Last Look at Eden Days of Rock 'n Roll Nothing to ya
Sorry, now I have an appointment with my hairdresser...maybe tomorrow I will be more talkative. ? Hugs!!!! Vonny